La Crosse, WI Homes for Sale (28 Real Estate Listings)
La Crosse, WI Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||64|
Property Types (active listings)
As of December 4, 2023 there are 28 active La Crosse, WI real estate listings for sale with an average listing price of $330,400. The highest-priced property listing is $729,000, while the lowest priced property can be purchased for $92,900. La Crosse, WI homes for sale have an average price of $179 per square foot, based on listings with an average of 3.2 bedrooms, 2.2 bathrooms, and 1,977 square feet of living space.
La Crosse, WI Real Estate & Homes For Sale
La Crosse, Wisconsin, is a beautiful city in the Upper Midwest. The town is situated on the banks of the Mississippi River and is home to various businesses and industries. La Crosse is known for its scenic views, outdoor recreation, and friendly residents. The city offers various housing options, from apartments and condos to single-family homes and townhouses. La Crosse also has many excellent school districts, making it a great place to raise a family. In addition to all of these great amenities, La Crosse is a very affordable city. If you are looking for a great place to call home, La Crosse, Wisconsin, is the perfect place!
The History of La Crosse, Wisconsin
La Crosse, Wisconsin, has a rich history that dates back to the early 1800s. The city was founded in 1841 by Dr. H. A. Tremaine and was initially named La Crosse City. The town was later renamed La Crosse after the French word for "cross" because of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers intersection. La Crosse grew rapidly in its early years and became an important center for commerce and trade. In the late 1800s, the city became a leading educational center, with several colleges and universities calling La Crosse home. The city continues to be a major center for education, with several colleges and universities located here. La Crosse is also a popular tourist destination with scenic views, outdoor recreation, and friendly residents.
Demographic of La Crosse, Wisconsin
La Crosse, Wisconsin, is a city with over 50,000 people. The majority of the population is white (85%), followed by Black or African American (5%), Asian (3%), and Hispanic or Latino (2%). The median age in La Crosse is 32 years old. The city has a diverse economy, with various businesses and industries. La Crosse is also home to several colleges and universities, which makes it a great place to live for young adults and families.
Things to do in La Crosse, Wisconsin
There are plenty of things to do in La Crosse! Some of the top things to do in La Crosse include:
- Explore the scenic views: La Crosse is located on the banks of the Mississippi River and offers stunning views of the river and surrounding countryside.
- Visit one of the city's many parks: La Crosse is home to many different parks, including Riverside Park, which offers a playground, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
- Check out the local shops and restaurants: La Crosse has a variety of shops and restaurants, so you're sure to find something to your taste.
- Attend a sporting event: La Crosse is home to several colleges and universities, so there are always plenty of sporting events.
- Explore the Mississippi River: La Crosse is situated on the banks of the Mississippi River, so there are plenty of opportunities to explore this majestic waterway. Take a boat ride, go fishing, or stroll along the riverfront to enjoy the stunning views.
- Visit Riverside Park: Riverside Park is one of the most popular parks in La Crosse. The park is located on the banks of the Mississippi River and offers stunning views of the river and the bluffs. The park has various amenities, including picnic areas, playgrounds, and hiking trails.
- Check out the La Crosse Municipal Zoo: The La Crosse Municipal Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a fun day. The zoo is home to various animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and monkeys. The zoo also has a petting zoo, so kids can get up close and personal with some of their favorite animals.
- Explore Historic Downtown La Crosse: Historic Downtown La Crosse is full of beautiful historic buildings and businesses. Take a stroll down Main Street and check out some of the unique shops, restaurants, and companies that call this area home.
- Visit the Grandad Bluff: The Grandad Bluff is one of the most popular tourist attractions in La Crosse. The bluff offers stunning views of the city and the Mississippi River. There are also various hiking trails on the bluff to explore the area at your own pace.
- Visit the Dahl Auto Museum: The Dahl Auto Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the automotive industry. The museum is home to various cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The museum also has exhibits to learn about the multiple aspects of the automotive industry.
Food in Lacrosse
In La Crosse, Wisconsin, you can find a variety of cuisine. Whether you're looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, you'll be able to find something to your taste. There are many restaurants that serve American food and other popular cuisines like Chinese, Italian, and Mexican. You can also find many specialty restaurants that offer unique dishes from all over the world. No matter what you're in the mood for, you'll find it in La Crosse. Some of the most popular restaurants in La Crosse include:
- The Old Fashioned: This restaurant is a local favorite, serving classic American dishes with a Wisconsin twist.
- Sam's Place: Sam's Place is a popular spot for breakfast and lunch, serving hearty meals to fuel your day.
- Noodle Express: Noodle Express is an excellent choice for a quick and tasty meal, offering a variety of Asian-inspired dishes.
- La Cascada: La Cascada is a popular Mexican restaurant known for its delicious food and margaritas.
Whether you're looking for a casual meal or a fine dining experience, you'll be able to find it in La Crosse. With so many great restaurants, you can find the perfect spot for any occasion.
Schools in Lacrosse
In La Crosse, Wisconsin, you'll find a variety of schools to choose from. Whether you're looking for a public or private school, you'll find a great option in La Crosse.
Some of the most popular schools in La Crosse include:
- La Crosse Catholic Schools: La Crosse Catholic Schools is a private school system that includes four schools: Aquinas High School, Central Middle School, Logan Elementary School, and Holy Trinity Elementary School. The schools offer a rigorous academic curriculum, and students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities.
- Logan High School: Logan High School is a public school that serves students in grades 9-12. The school offers a variety of academic and extracurricular programs, and its sports teams are known for their competitive spirit.
- Viterbo University: Viterbo University is a private university that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. The university is known for its supportive environment, and its students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities.
Why La Crosse, Wisconsin?
One of the things that makes La Crosse such a great place to live is its affordability. The cost of living here is quite reasonable, and housing costs are well below the national average. In addition, La Crosse has a meager crime rate, which makes it a safe place to raise a family.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love living in La Crosse because there are plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy nature. The city has over 50 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and running, and there are also several parks and golf courses. In addition, the Mississippi River is an excellent place for fishing, boating, and swimming.
If you're looking for a small city with a lot to offer, you'll want to check out La Crosse, Wisconsin. La Crosse is a great place to call home with its affordable cost of living, low crime rate, and outdoor recreation opportunities.