Green Bay, WI Homes for Sale (220 Real Estate Listings)
Green Bay, WI Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||4|
Property Types (active listings)
As of March 26, 2023 there are 220 active Green Bay, WI real estate listings for sale with an average listing price of $366,685. The highest-priced property listing is $2,000,000, while the lowest priced property can be purchased for $89,000. Green Bay, WI homes for sale have an average price of $182 per square foot, based on listings with an average of 3.2 bedrooms, 1.9 bathrooms, and 2,010 square feet of living space.
Green Bay, WI Real Estate & Homes For Sale
If you're looking for a place to live with plenty of recreation opportunities and affordable living, Green Bay, Wisconsin, should be at the top of your list. The city has a rich culture and history and plenty of things to do inside and outside the city limits. Plus, the cost of living in Green Bay is lower than in many other parts. If you're interested in what Green Bay offers, keep reading.
History of Green Bay, Wisconsin
Green Bay, Wisconsin's history can be traced back to the 17th century when French explorers first arrived in the area. The region soon became a popular fur trading destination, and in 1671, Jacques Marquette and Louis Joliet became the first Europeans to visit the area. In 1833, Green Bay was officially incorporated as a city.
Green Bay has become a popular destination for tourists and newcomers in recent years. The city offers a variety of activities and attractions that appeal to a wide range of interests. Green Bay has played a significant role in American history. It was here that the Green Bay Packers NFL team was founded in 1919, and it is also home to the oldest continually operating newspaper in America, the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
Demography of Green Bay, Wisconsin
Green Bay is a city in Wisconsin with about 104,000 people. The city is racially diverse, with about 40% of the population identifying as non-white. The median household income in Green Bay is $50,000, which is slightly below the national median. However, Green Bay's living cost is also relatively low, so residents tend to have more purchasing power than those in other cities. The unemployment rate in Green Bay is 3%, which is lower than the national average.
Green Bay is a great place to live for a variety of reasons. First, the city has a strong economy, and residents can access good jobs. Second, the cost of living is relatively low, which means residents can stretch their dollars further. Finally, Green Bay is a diverse and welcoming community. Green Bay is worth considering whether you're looking for a great place to raise a family or just want to enjoy a good quality of life.
Things to do in Green Bay, Wisconsin
There is no shortage of things to do when in Greem Bay. Some of the things you can do in the city are:
- Shop at Bay Park Square - Bay Park Square is an open-air shopping center in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It is located just off Highway 41 on the city's west side. The mall opened in stages between August 1979 and October 1980.
- Immerse yourself in history at the Neville Public Museum - The Neville Public Museum is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The museum was founded in 1916 and is named for its first curator, Hiram A. Neville.
- Watch the Packers play at Lambeau Field - Lambeau Field is an American football stadium in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The stadium opened in 1957 and is the home of the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL).
- Get outdoors at Bay Beach Amusement Park - Bay Beach Amusement Park is a public park in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The park opened in 1894 and is the oldest operating amusement park in Wisconsin.
- Sample the local cuisine - Green Bay is home to various restaurants offering delicious local cuisine. From fish fries to cheese curds, there's something for everyone to enjoy in this city.
- Catch a show at Weidner Center for the Performing Arts - The Weidner Center for the Performing Arts is a performing arts center located at the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The center opened in 1987 and is home to the Green Bay Symphony Orchestra, University Theater, and Green Bay Civic Symphony.
- Visit Titletown Brewing Company - Titletown Brewing Company is a brewery in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The brewery was founded in 1996 and is known for its flagship beer, Green Bay Pale Ale.
Parks and Lakes in Green Bay, Wisconsin
Green Bay is a city in Wisconsin with plenty of parks and lakes. The largest park in Green Bay is Shawano Park, which has over 4,000 acres of forested hills, hiking and biking trails, and a lake for swimming. The city also has over 20 miles of shoreline along Lake Michigan.
Green Bay is a great place to live for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. The city has plenty of green space and is close to many bodies of water. If you enjoy being outdoors, Green Bay is perfect.
Schools in Green Bay, Wisconsin
The Green Bay school district is one of the best in the state, and its residents are some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet. Green Bay is the perfect choice if you're looking for a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Here are a few reasons to consider making this wonderful city your home.
The school district in Green Bay is highly rated, and students here consistently outperform their peers across the state. In addition to excellent academics, the district offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities and programs that help kids develop into well-rounded adults. There's something for everyone in Green Bay schools, from sports teams to drama clubs. A short list of schools you can attend in Green Bay, Wisconsin, is:
Why Green Bay, Wisconsin?
So, why should you live in Green Bay, Wisconsin? Here are a few reasons:
- The Packers. Green Bay is home to the NFL's Green Bay Packers, one of the most successful and popular football teams in history. If you're a football fan, there's no better place to live than Green Bay.
- There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the fresh air in Green Bay. You can explore the city on foot or bike and enjoy hiking, camping, and skiing activities.
- The food. Green Bay is home to some of the best restaurants in the state. You'll find something to satisfy your taste buds, from fine dining to casual eateries.
- The people. The people of Green Bay are friendly and welcoming. You'll quickly feel at home in this close-knit community.
- The cost of living. Green Bay is an affordable place to live. Housing costs are lower than the national average, and living costs are reasonable overall.
Consider Green Bay, Wisconsin, if you're looking for a great place to live, work, and play. Its many amenities and friendly people make it a great place to call home.