Brookfield, WI Homes for Sale (22 Real Estate Listings)
Brookfield, WI Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market
Property Types (active listings)
As of February 23, 2024 there are 22 active Brookfield, WI real estate listings for sale with an average listing price of $551,896. The highest-priced property listing is $949,000, while the lowest priced property can be purchased for $389,900. Brookfield, WI homes for sale have an average price of $227 per square foot, based on listings with an average of 3.5 bedrooms, 2.7 bathrooms, and 2,629 square feet of living space.
Brookfield, WI Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Brookfield, Wisconsin, is a great place to live. It has everything you could want and is a short commute to Milwaukee. Schools are some of the best in the state, and job opportunities. The cost of living is reasonable. Brookfield, Wisconsin, is perfect if you are looking for a great place to live.
History of Brookfield, Wisconsin
The history of Brookfield, Wisconsin, dates back to the early 1800s. The area was initially settled by Native Americans, known as the Potawatomi. The first white settlers arrived in 1834, and the town was officially founded in 1839. The name "Brookfield" was chosen because of the many brooks and streams that ran through the area. The community grew slowly at first but began to experience more rapid growth in the late 1800s and early 1900s. This was partly due to the Milwaukee, Lake Shore & Western Railroad construction, which ran through Brookfield.
Demography of Brookfield, Wisconsin
Today, Brookfield is a thriving community with a population of over 37,000. It is home to several parks, recreation areas, businesses, and industries. Brookfield is served by several major highways, making it easy to get around. You'll find plenty of job opportunities, and the cost of living is very reasonable. So if you're looking for a great place to call home, check out Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Most of the population is white, followed by black and Hispanic populations. The median age in Brookfield is 36 years old, and the median household income is $85,000. The cost of living in Brookfield is very reasonable compared to other cities in the United States. The city's ethnic breakdown is as follows:
- White: 76.8%
- Black: 11.1%
- Hispanic: 8.5%
- Asian: 2.3%
- Other: 1.3%
Things to do in Brookfield, Wisconsin
If you're looking for things to do in Brookfield, Wisconsin, you'll be happy to know there's no shortage of activities and attractions in this charming Midwestern town. Brookfield has something for everyone, from parks and nature preserves to museums and theaters. And don't forget the restaurants! There are plenty of great places to eat in Brookfield, whether you're in the mood for a casual meal or a fine dining experience. Here are some of the things you can do while in Brooksfield:
- Visit the Brookfield Zoo
- Take a walk or bike ride through the beautiful Menomonee Valley Park
- Go shopping at the Mayfair Mall
- Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many great restaurants in Brookfield
- Catch a movie at Marcus Theatres
- Take part in one of the many fun events in Brookfield throughout the year.
Events in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Some of the events celebrated in Brookfield, Wisconsin, include:
- Brookfield Zoo's Zoo Lights event
The Brookfield Zoo's Lights event is a grand celebration of the holiday season. This event features over two million lights, making it one of the largest light displays in Wisconsin. The event includes live music, ice carving demonstrations, and Santa meet-and-greets.
- Brookfield Renaissance Faire
The Brookfield Renaissance Faire is a great way to experience 16th-century England. This event features authentic food, drink, and entertainment. Visitors can also participate in archery and jousting tournaments.
- Brookfield 4th of July parade
The Brookfield 4th of July parade is a community favorite. This parade features floats, marching bands, and local organizations. The parade route goes through downtown Brookfield and ends at the park.
- Taste of Brookfield
The Taste of Brookfield is a great way to try food from different restaurants in the area. This event features samples from local restaurants and live music and entertainment.
Parks and Lakes of Brookfield, Wisconsin
There are many great parks and lakes in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Some of the gardens include Burleigh Park, Fox Brook Park, and Menomonee Park. The lakes include Brown Deer Lake, Menomonee River, and Nippersink Lake.
- Burleigh Park - This park is located on the north side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The park has a playground, pavilion, soccer fields, and walking trails.
- Fox Brook Park - This park is located on the south side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The park has a playground, pavilion, basketball courts, and walking trails.
- Menomonee Park - This park is located on the west side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The park has a playground, pavilion, tennis courts, and walking trails.
- Brown Deer Lake - This lake is located on the north side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The lake has a swimming beach, a fishing pier, and walking trails.
- Menomonee River - This river is located on the east side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The river has a canoe launch, fishing spots, and walking trails.
- Nippersink Lake - This lake is located on the south side of town and offers a variety of activities for residents to enjoy. The lake has a swimming beach, a fishing pier, and walking trails.
Schools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Brookfield, Wisconsin, is a great place to live, with plenty of schools. The schools in Brookfield offer top-notch education, and students have access to some of the best resources. Brookfield has something to offer everyone, whether looking for a public or private school. The Brookfield school district is one of the best in the state, and students here have the opportunity to thrive. Plenty of extra-curricular activities are available to students, so there is always something to do. Brookfield, Wisconsin, is perfect if you are looking for a great place to live and raise a family. Some schools that you can attend in Brookfield, Wisconsin, consist of:
Why Brookfield, Wisconsin
Brookfield, Wisconsin, is a city located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. The city is well known for its annual Brookfield Zoo's "Zoo Boo" event, one of the largest Halloween celebrations in Wisconsin. In addition, Brookfield is also home to numerous businesses and restaurants, including the famous Brookfield Square Mall.
If you're looking for a great place to live in Wisconsin, Brookfield is a city worth considering. Brookfield has something to offer everyone with its convenient location, ample amenities, and a strong sense of community. Whether you're looking for a family-friendly suburb or a bustling city with plenty to do, Brookfield is the perfect place to call home.